Last year Soroptimist International Tynemouth, Whitley Bay Chamber of Trade, Whitley Bay FC, Earsdon Plantsand North Tyneside Council raised over £9,000 for the Breast Cancer Campaign Charity and they are determined to make this October just as successful. Plans to ‘Paint the Town Pink’ have been finalised by local Soroptimist Shirley Hallam, who works tirelessly to organise this annual event. Activities this month will include:
- Raising awareness display and raffle at North Tyneside Council Offices, Silverlink from Mon 3rd – Fri 7th.
- Ladies darts match at the Seahorse Pub (behind Whitley Bay Ice Rink) on Fri 14th.
- Wallsend Pink Week commencing Mon 17th and ending with a Family Charity day at the Forum on Sat 22nd.
- Pink Party Night “Cocktails & Cupcakes” at The Living Room, Grey Street, Newcastle on Sun 30th. Tickets £10 (order from the restaurant or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Earsdon Plants: sale of plants and charity raffle during the month.
Also, look out for a pink Whitley Bay FC Charity Match, a pink Waves Leisure Pool and pink window displays in Whitley Bay.
Shirley said: “Thank you to everyone who is helping raise awareness of this disease and is supporting the campaign, which has allowed for initiatives such as the Breast Cancer Campaign Tissue Bank to be developed.”
Please “Be Part of the Cure” and support your local fund raising activities this month!